Kathmandu College of Management has devised following rules regarding class attendance in order to ensure full participation of students in the classroom for active learning process. These rules will come into effect from 1 February, 2010.
- Respective subject teacher will take student's attendance. He/she has the right to mark students absent if they enter classroom late.
- No student is allowed to remain absent from class for any personal reason.
- Only absences due to health problems will be considered with approved leave provided students submit convincing evidence of being illness during absence. (Evidence: hospital's prescription and/or request letter properly signed by the guardians/parents with contact no.)
- However, the number of such sick leaves will be limited to 5 class days only.
- The coordinator of the respective semester has the right to reject leave application if he/she is not convinced with the evidence submitted.
- The leave application should be submitted to the coordinator on the first day of the student's presence in the class.
- All absences which are uninformed or rejected by the semester coordinator will be considered as ABSENT.